If you’re interested in joining us, pop down and see us on a training night. We train on Mondays from 7pm, at our bases at:
- Kapiti Boating Club (Paraparaumu Beach); and
- Waikanae Boating Club (Waikanae Beach).
There are lots of opportunities, and you don’t have to go out to sea.
Here’s a summary of what you might do…
This is if you’re interested in going out on the boat. It can get very serious out there, and we need to rely on each other, as well as bring people safely home. So you’ll go through a lot of training and practical assessments on your way to becoming Operational Crew. From there, you can progress to Senior Crew and eventually Master (skipper).
You need to be committed, but it’s extremely rewarding.
Come down and see us, and we can tell you more.
- Providing radio communications (during training exercises and during live call-outs)
- Tractor driving (launching and retrieving our boats) – this can happen in all kinds of weathers!
- Helping with maintenance
- Helping our fundraising activities
- Helping us with this website
And if you can think of something that we haven’t mentioned above, come and talk to us on a training night.